Startup of the Month
- 1. Describe the company?ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention.
- 2. How are you different?ATTN: isn’t news and we’re not just viral Facebook videos. We are a unique combination of substantive, issue-driven content, delivered in an engaging and interesting way.
- 3. Why will the company/product do well?ATTN: will succeed because people crave substance. They want to learn and engage in their communities.
- 4. What type of people (market segment) are you trying to attract to your product?Anyone interested in issue-driven content and people who like to get their news, information and substance in video form on social media.
- 5. Where are you based?Los Angeles
- 6. When was the company launched?2014
- 7. What have been your biggest wins to date?Reaching a half a billion people every month with our substantive content, interviewing important world leaders and making climate change and parental leave go viral.
- 8. How did you come up with the idea?While running the nonprofitOurTime.org, Matthew and Jarrett, ATTN:’s Co-Founders, realized that in order to get people to vote and engage in the civic process, they had to understand why voting matters and how the issues at stake in elections related to their everyday lives. The idea to start an issues-driven media company that makes policy engaging and approachable through premium video content was born.
- 9. What advice would you give to other emerging tech startup founders?Find a mentor and don’t be afraid to lean on them and ask them for advice.
- 10. How do people get in touch with you?Like us on Facebook and comment. We really read all of them. Or go toattn.com/contact.
If you’d like your startup to be featured too then drop us a line and tell us about your startup email@example.com